Tuesday, May 3

Socks, Sheep & Squam



I really don't have a thing for the letter S it just keeps popping up! If you've read (or heard, even though this is the internet I would believe from wherever you are reading this you might have heard me, I'm so excited) my squealing on Facebook & Ravelry but the fantastic Cal Patch & I will both be teaching at this year's Sock Summit and we've been jumping up and down, calling each other & making sure "it is real" and  in a general state of giddiness for months.  FINALLY the classes have been announced and registration starts tomorrow at 12pm PDT!  I will have a booth at the marketplace there as well and the ONLY bad part about teaching & having a booth is I don't think I'll have time to take any classes.  Which truly is a shame because there are some of my knitting heroes, (new & longstanding) teaching amazing classes!

Cal is teaching Embroidery & Applique for Socks and Fanciful Crochet Edgings for Socks  both of which, to this mainly 'plain vanilla' sock knitter, sound perfect!
Franklin Habit, Amy Singer, Lucy Neatby and Cookie A all have classes scheduled that sound so interesting and completely unique.  I could blab on about them but I'm sure they describe them best themselves, go read the descriptions!  Let me know in the comments what you've signed up for so I can "knit" vicariously through you.

On the sheepy front, there is a Fiber market day scheduled at The Clermont Historic Site on May 14th from 12 - 4pm.  I'll be there with gobs of yarn in tow and hopefully we'll have the beautiful, dreamy weather we should be having in May! I hope to see some of you there.

I do all my scheduling on a google calendar and recently the monthly view started showing Sqaum!! That means it's less than a month away. I can't believe it. I am so thrilled to be going, a week by a lake in NH with friends and crafty, fibery, people and classes - even yoga, honestly, what could be better?  Cal & I will be drving from Upstate NY and need travel mix suggestions.  What are your favorite songs or albums to drive to? One of my all time favorites is Nebraska, if you've never heard this album (really? where have you been living?), please, go to your local record store & pick it up.   In preparation for Squam I have been reading a Ravelry thread, called "what are you making to wear at Squam", and feeling panicky about not having enough handmade clothing to wear when there...

But then I finished this sweater. Yay! It was started for a class I'm teaching at Wing & Clover, and it fits me perfectly, I am so happy with my color choice and it's even season appropriate!

I'll keep you updated as my Squam projects progress, keep your fingers crossed for me that I keep crossing "to-be-mades" off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment