On Sunday I taught the first session of Thrummed Mittens at White Barn Farm. It was an absolutely beautiful day & the class was really fun. It was great seeing the combination of wool & yarn everyone picked out, I can't wait to see the finished products!
Now, are you wishing that you had signed up? If you are, I am teaching another 2 session class starting this Saturday at Wing & Clover in Rhinebeck, These mittens are a fun quick knit & will keep your fingers toasty in the frigid Hudson Valley Winter!
The classes are Saturdays, January 15 &22 11:00-2:00, contact Wing & Clover 845.876.1035 to sign up.
At the end of February, at Wing & Clover I'm teaching one of my favorite classes, Knitting in Color. I think a lot of people don't try colorwork because they're intimidated by the techniques. I personally love color & rarely knit solid pieces. Once you've tried fair isle, intarsia & slip stitch colorwork I think you'll be hooked & find yourself adding just a little to every project. Classes are Sundays, Feb. 27, March 6, 13 11:00-2:00 (3 sessions), you can contact Wing & Clover 845.876.1035 to sign up.
Didn't I mention something about a contest? I did!
So, here's whats happening, a local chocolatier, Lagusta's Luscious had a contest on her Facebook page (through which my dear friend Cal will be enjoying some yummy artisanal chocolates). I loved the idea & thought it was a great way to grow the community & give you some yarn! This is how the contest will work:
1) ask your knitter-y, crochet-ish, fiber loving friends to "like" Jill Draper Makes Stuff on Facebook
2) if 7 people post "I'm here because so & so - (that's you) sent me" I will send you a hank of Splendor, I'll pick a fab color for you, don't worry!
I guess there have to be some rules, so here they are:
* you have to live in the US
* you have to be 18, I guess, the legal stuff kind of eludes me but it seems appropriate, sorry minors
* Even if you get 150 people to like the page I can only send yarn once but I really appreciate it & think you have amazing networking skills!
* We'll run the contest until the end of January
How does that sound?